Tuesday 11 November 2014

Girl on the Platform - Josephine Cox











On a trip to London a young man sees a woman sat on the opposite platform and falls head over heels in love. Then she disappears.



Yesterday I visited my local library and came back with five very different books and I chose to read this Quick Read first. The beauty of Quick Reads is that you have the opportunity to try out something different, something that you wouldn't normally even look at. This is what I would normally call a kitchen sink drama. There's no big storyline or plot, it just follows the antics of a couple of twenty somethings on a night out in London.

It's harmless enough but it left me feeling unfulfilled. The story is pretty unrealistic (especially the night out in London) and the ending is so convenient Josephine Cox may as well have wrapped it in a little cotton bow and finished it off with the famous last line 'and they all lived happily ever after.'



Try flicking through a woman's magazine the next time you visit your dentist and you may find a story just like this. That's all I can say really.

No comments:

Post a Comment