Friday 17 July 2015

The Forgotten Army - Brian Minchin















I'll keep this short because I didn't like it at all.





I'm a life long Doctor Who fan and I like my Doctor Who dark, scary, original and imaginative. This wasn't. It was quite the opposite. It's pretty terrible.




It isn't particularly well written and apart from the main two characters, most of the characters are one dimensional, walking talking cliches. It didn't have me on the edge of my seat and it isn't a page turner.


I wanted to throw this book out of a window.



But the main problem with 'The Forgotten Army' is the plot. It's completely unrealistic. Childishly so.
In any book, especially Sci-Fi, you can get away with a lot. But at the end of the day a plot has to be realistic within itself or the reader will just won't buy it. And I have seen CCB puppet shows with a more realistic plot than this. It went from the sublime to the ridiculous.




I won't give any examples because I don't want to even relive what I've just read.






Bizarrely enough the finale was okay. If only the rest of the book was written in the same manner.




So basically two good things about this book. The ending and the fact that it was only 248 short pages long.





I don't think I've given a 1 star for a long time but here you go.





1/5



No comments:

Post a Comment