Monday 31 August 2015

Send Me No Flowers by Jenny Tomlin










Donna thinks she's found the love of her life but she's only met the man that will steal it from her.






If you read the introduction to this book you'll learn that Jenny Tomlin writes books about abuse so that she can raise awareness.

I think that's all fine and dandy but at the end of the day a book has to be entertaining in some shape or form. This isn't in any shape or form.








Send Me No Flowers gave me that familiar nauseating feeling in my stomach that I always get when I read a book that bores the pants off me. It lacks conflict, it lacks excitement. It isn't gripping whatsoever. It's the opposite of what I'd call a page turner.


The writing is pretty dull and below average and I think that's got a lot to do with it. Add a plot that isn't very well constructed and you've got a bit of a stinker.







This is gritty and touches upon a subject that does need to be written about. Just not in this way.







I was glad to finish it.








2/5



.

No comments:

Post a Comment