Monday 17 August 2015

The Call of The Wild by Jack London









Kidnapped and sold to be a sled dog in the harsh and frozen Yukon Territory, Buck is passed from master to master and embarks on an extraordinary journey, proving his unbreakable spirit.





This is one of those books I've always wanted to read but never got around to it. But as far as old classics are concerned it's up there with the best. It sucked me in from the first line and didn't let me go until the last.


You know you are reading a really good book when you feel like you're in the story instead of just reading the story. I was there with Buck, racing over the snow, pulling that sledge. I felt his sorrow and his excitement and when Buck was exhausted, so was I. First published in 1903 The Call of the Wild is as enjoyable and accessible to modern audiences as it would have been at the time it was written.



Wonderful.




5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment