Thursday 24 September 2015

A Village Affair - Joanna Trollope













A newly wed woman moves into the house of her dreams. It's idyllic and everybody is envious of her home, her family and her lifestyle. But there's something missing.






This is totally out of my comfort zone but I decided a long time ago that I wanted to read widely if I am to become a better writer myself.

This is essentially what I would call a Woman's Weekly book. It's woman's fiction or woman's family drama or however else you would describe it. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I expected it to be nauseatingly boring and humdrum. But it's quite a decent and gentle story.




It has it's fair share of one dimensional characters and many of those one dimensional characters are pretty similar and that doesn't help. But it more or less kept my interest until the end and the main story is quite good.




A decent average read but totally not what I would normally read.





3/5














No comments:

Post a Comment