Sunday 27 September 2015

Galaxy Four - William Emms













Following a skirmish in deep space, two alien spacecraft have crash landed on a barren planet in Galaxy Four. When the Doctor arrives, he discovers that the planet will explode in two days' time.






I grew up reading the Doctor Who Target books and so I thought it was about time I read another one for old times sake.




Written by the man who wrote the original 1965 script for the TV show, this is one of the early William Hartnell adventures and one of the missing ones at that. There is something I really like about early Doctor Who that has been lost over the years and this novelization captures it well. I think it's the fact that it's a simple, honest story without any gimmicks.




The brilliant thing about reading a Target novelization is the fact that it's all in your head. There are no bad actors, no terrible special effects and no wobbly walls. The acting and effects are as good as your mind can muster up.






This was a great read and a nostalgic one. I felt like a kid again. I'm still a Doctor Who fan after all these years.





4/5






No comments:

Post a Comment