Tuesday 27 October 2015

Snow Burn by Joel Arnold












Two teenage boys build an igloo. They have wood for the fire. They have brandy and they have an escaped convict.







This is another great example of how you can find hidden gems at Smashwords.


I downloaded this a while ago but have only just got around to reading it. For a self published short novel it is pretty good. It is well written and the story kept my interest throughout. The characters are well drawn out and I was there in the igloo, freezing my butt off along with the three main characters.




Maybe it ended a bit abruptly and it's a little quirky but for a self published book it was a good read.





I think this is a story that will linger in the back of my mind for a bit and that says a lot. That's what good authors do.






3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment