Tuesday 29 December 2015

Dougal Round The World by Eric Thompson












The folks from the Magic Roundabout go travelling!






I've had this book since I was a very young child and thought it would be nice to read it again after all these years for old times sake.



It's such an old book that I couldn't even find a google image of the front cover! My mum and dad met Eric at an event in the early seventies and he signed this for me and my sister so it's extra special. He sadly died at a young age but his two daughters have gone on to become famous in their own right as the actresses Emma and Sophie Thompson. 




This is a fun book for young children with lots of imagination and humour.





I can't really give it a rating. But kids I'm sure would still enjoy it even though the world has changed and The Magic Roundabout is no longer on our screens.




No comments:

Post a Comment