Tuesday 29 December 2015

Random Man by Layden Robinson













This is a collection of seven short stories. Unfortunately apart from the last one, I found them to be plotless, trippy and pretty nonsensical. Written in a stream of consciousness style they left me trying to connect the dots too much.


This guy definitely has a great imagination and with the last story in the collection he proves that he can write a decent short story. I get what he was trying to do but it didn't work for me. Many of the characters in this short book are under the influence of drugs and alcohol and I get that but I still need a story to follow.

The last story entitled Leonard's Violet Dilemma is the best of the bunch and had just the right balance.





Finally this book could do with a decent cover and some further editing to iron out a few wrinkles.











2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment